If you’ve ever had to deal with the problem of graffiti, you’ll know that each cleaning situation is unique. The type of surface, and the type of paint used in the graffiti, require the right graffiti removal products in order for removal to be successful.
Over many years, Tensid UK Ltd has developed a highly-effective range of graffiti removal products. Plus, anti-graffiti coatings to help protect surfaces from the problem in the first place. Tensid’s own proven brand of AGS© graffiti removers work on brick, masonry and natural stone, plus hard surfaces such as polycarbonate, metal, glass and tiles. Here’s a brief guide to graffiti removal using Tensid’s graffiti removal products:
Quick guide to graffiti removal from brick, masonry and stone substrates
Graffiti Removal from brick, concrete and natural stone – spray paint
1. Apply AGS Graffi Clean 300.
2. Allow to dwell for 15-45 minutes.
3. Pressure wash clean, preferably with hot water.
If ‘ghosting’ remains,
4. Apply AGS Graffi Ghost.
5. Allow to dwell for 3-5 minutes.
6. Pressure wash clean, preferably with hot water.
On concrete, yellow bricks and natural stone
If ‘ghosting’ remains after the use of AGS Graffi Ghost
7. Apply AGS Graffi Ghost Rinse or PROSOCO Limestone Afterwash.
8. Allow to dwell for 3-5 minutes.
9. Pressure wash clean preferably with hot water.
10. Repeat steps 4-9.
Graffiti Removal from brick, concrete and natural stone – marker pen
11. Carry out procedures as for brick work.
12. After application and washing of AGS Graffi Ghost Rinse or PROSOCO Limestone Afterwash apply AGS Graffi Ghost Poultice – liquid component.
13. Allow to dwell for 5-10 minutes.
14. Pressure wash clean preferably with hot water.
15. Repeat steps 7-14 for 3 to 4 cycles.
If ‘ghosting’ is still evident it will be necessary to mix the two components of AGS Graffi Ghost Poultice.
16. Apply mixed poultice approximately 4mm thick to affected area.
17. Cover with polythene and warning signs.
18. Allow to dwell for 24 hours.
19. Remove poultice.
20. Pressure wash clean, preferably with hot water.
21. Apply AGS Graffi Ghost Rinse or PROSOCO Limestone Afterwash.
22. Allow to dwell for 3-5 minutes.
23. Pressure wash clean preferably with hot water.
GRAFFITI REMOVAL PRODUCTS, supplied by Tensid UK Ltd.
AGS Graffi Green is a liquid graffiti remover for hard surfaces. Graffi Green removes most types of graffiti made with felt pen and spray paint. It is ideal for use on most hard non porous surfaces and can also be used on other non-absorbent surfaces. Safe for use on polycarbonate.
AGS Graffi Wipes are a special cloth wipe impregnated with an advanced graffiti remover. The wipe will remove graffiti made by marker, felt and ball point pen from most painted, plastic and hard surfaces. Graffi Wipe is safe for use on polycarbonate, as it will not etch nor leave the surface ‘milky’ in appearance.
AGS Graffi Clean 300 is a NMP free viscous graffiti remover/paint stripper for use on masonry surfaces. It is a gelled remover which will cling to the surface.
AGS Graffi Ghost can be used following the initial graffiti removal with other AGS products, in cases where ghosting or shadowing remains on the surface.
AGS Graffi Ghost Gel can be used following the initial graffiti removal with other AGS products, in cases where ghosting or shadowing remains on the surface. Graffi Ghost Gel is also in ideal cleaning agent for the removal of soot, grease and oil substances.
AGS Graffi Ghost Rinse is a remover for any remaining pigment ghosting, and normally used following Graffi Ghost or Graffi Ghost Gel. This acidic after rinse will fizz-out remaining ghosting while at the same time stabilising and neutralising the pH. Graffi Ghost Rinse is also an effective general purpose concrete and brick cleaner. It will remove rust, oil, mud, atmospheric dirt, mortar smears and many other stains.
AGS Graffi Ghost Poultice is a paste product ghosting remover. It works by oxidising away traces of pigments and by breaking down grease and oil residues in the substrate. The poultice is specially formulated for the removal of difficult ghosting and is suitable for most surfaces.
• Always use PROSOCO Limestone Afterwash on Limestone surfaces – not AGS Graffi Ghost rinse.
• Do not allow chemicals (apart from AGS Graffi Ghost Poultice) to dry on the surface.
• Never mix AGS Graffi Ghost Poultice with other products.
• Do not apply AGS Graffi Ghost Rinse or PROSOCO Limestone Afterwash on polished surfaces.
• Always carry out small test area and allow it to dry before complete application.
• Repeated application may cause damage to the substrate.
• Always refer to data sheets and msds prior to use of chemicals.
To learn more please visit www.tensid.com
Ask questions, discuss acquisition of samples and place orders by calling 01932 564 133. Or complete the contact form.
Working for clean and graffiti-free communities.